Rootgrow Mycorrhizal Fungi contains mycorrhizal fungi, which are naturally occuring beneficial soil fungi, that colonize the roots of plant and are essential for healthy plants. By adding these Mycorrhizal Fungi when seed sowing, laying a lawn or planting, a huge secondary root system of fungi will develop along side the plants own roots, which will supply nutrients and water to the plant for its entire lifetime. The Royal Horticultural Society recognise the importance of reducing our use of chemical fertilisers and acknowledge the benefits of using Mycorrhizal Fungi in the garden. N.B. Mycorrhizal Fungi can also be used when laying / seeding a lawn.
Rootgrow Mycorrhizal Fungi are supplied as granules which are either sprinkled in the planting hole before planting trees, roses or shrubs or added to potting compost when sowing seeds. The mycorrhizal fungi then develop as a fine white root system of the fungi around the plants own roots. The fungi are very efficient at extracting phosphates, water and minerals from the soil, which it transfers to the plants. Mycorrhizal Fungi act like a permanent fertiliser, which results in more roots, so the plants grow faster, vegetable yields increase and better plants have better drought and disease tolerance. You should also use Rootgrow Mycorrhizal Fungi when planting roses as it helps them to establish and to produce a good show of flowers. Mycorrhizal fungi will enable plants to establish and thrive even in difficult soils. In poor sandy soils the mycorrhizal fungi will be able to find scarce nutrients and hold onto water. In clay soils these fungi unlock nutrients -acting like a clay breaker. It is very important that the Rootgrow Mycorrhizal Fungi granules come into direct contact with the plant roots, so when :-
- Planting trees, roses and shrubs - sprinkle a teaspoon in the planting hole before planting trees, roses or shrubs. Place the plant in the hole directly on top of the granules. Backfill as normal with compost or soil.
- Sowing seeds - Add 25g per sqm to the compost before sowing seeds. This will lead to much stronger root production and stronger plants.
- Applying to an established lawn - Spike the lawn and apply 20g per sqm before brushing into the holes. Results in denser grass and helps lawns recover from stress.
- Laying a new lawn - Apply 20g per sqm to the soil BEFORE laying turf or seeding. This will lead to rapid establishment and better anchorage of the lawn.
- How to use Rootgrow when sowing grass seed - We used Rootgrow when we wanted to re-seed a bank with grass - this is how we prepared the area and applied the Rootgrow. Knock down the soil to produce a level seed bed. If possible do this 10-14 days before you sow the grass seed to allow any weeds to germinate. Now hoe the weeds and then firm the soil using your feet. Rake the soil level and apply Rootgrow at the rate of 20g per square metre, raking it in lightly. Now sow the grass seed taking care to apply evenly over the surface of the soil. Again rake in lightly and then water.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
£13.49 As low as: £11.99View product
£12.99 As low as: £9.99View product
£34.99 As low as: £30.00View product
£12.50 As low as: £9.99View product