Ponds and Beneficial Bacteria
A range of NATURAL products for ponds, which are chemical -free to help keep the water clear of algae, blanket weed and duckweed. Bacteria are one of natures wonders and our range of beneficial bacterial additives increase the number of helpful bacteria in ponds, septic tanks, compost heaps etc.
- Eco pond Treatments - NATURAL treatments for algae, blanket weed and duckweed.
- Clarity & Clarity PRO - add these NATURAL treatments containing friendly bacteria to ponds to keep them clear and algae free.
- Barley Straw - The 100% natural, safe, effective & inexpensive way to improve water quality and stop algae growth in ponds.
- Drainmate and Septic Treat - keeps drains and septic tanks working efficiently.
- Compost Treat - Successful composting relies on the right bacteria being present. Don't leave it to chance and add these beneficial bacteria to your compost heap.
- Wildlife Pond / Tadpole Food - Adding Tadpole Foods will give tadpoles a greater chance of reaching maturity.
- Wild Duck Food - The perfect food for feeding all wild ducks, swans & geese and is designed to keep ducks returing time and time again to your pond.
Keep ponds clear and healthy by adding Clarity (or Clarity PRO for larger ponds). Clarity is a natural blend of bacteria normally present in healthy ponds and is totally safe for wildlife, fish, frogs etc. By adding Clarity to your pond, these bacteria will clean the pond controlling blanket weed / algae, reduce organic debris, reduce ammonia / nitrates / phosphorous and reduce pond scum / odour in stagnant waters. Supplied in 500g tubs - 500g will treat a pond of 2500 litres for 6 months (for smaller ponds it will last longer and for larger ponds (up to 5500 litres) it will last approx 4 months).
N.B. For ponds over 5500 litres / 1200 gallons, use Clarity PRO - a much more concentrated product ideal for use in LARGER ponds.Learn More
Clarity PRO contains the same beneficial bacetria as in Clarity but in a much more concentrated form, so it is ideal for larger ponds i.e. over 5500 litres / 1200 gallons although any size of pond or lake can be treated. Clarity PRO is a natural blend of bacteria normally present in healthy ponds and is totally safe for wildlife, fish, frogs etc. By adding Clarity to your pond, these bacteria will clean the pond controlling blanket weed / algae, reduce organic debris, reduce ammonia / nitrates / phosphorous and reduce pond scum / odour in stagnant waters. Clarity PRO is added to the pond between March and September and then a reduced dose is used for the rest of the year. Clarity PRO is supplied in 1kg tubs.Learn More
Use Barley Straw Throwers to keep your pond clear of algae the natural way. Barley straw is 100% natural and is the safe, effective & inexpensive way to improve water quality and stop algae growth without any risk to wildlife or plants. These Barley Straw Throwers also have added bacteria (the same as in the Clarity product) in biodegradable sachets, which helps reduce algae re-growth. Supplied in a TWIN Pack - each Barley Straw Thrower will treat a 3000 litre for 4 months.
N.B. We also have 2kg Barley Straw Bales for LARGER ponds, which will treat a 6000 litre pond for 4 months.Learn More
Extract of Barley Straw is the natural solution to algae, blanket weed and green water in your pond PLUS it is chemical-free and is safe for all the fish, aquatic plants and wildlife in and around your pond. Ecopond Extract of Barley Straw helps keep your pond clean and clear PLUS it works much faster than traditional barley straw. Extract of Barley Straw is supplied in a 500ml bottle add 125 mls per 4500 litres initially followed by 20 - 40mls per week as a maintenance dose.Learn More
Use Barley Straw Bales to keep LARGER ponds clear of algae the natural way. Barley straw is 100% natural and is the safe, effective & inexpensive way to improve water quality and stop algae growth without any risk to wildlife or plants. These Barley Straw Throwers also have added bacteria (the same as in the Clarity product) in biodegradable sachets, which helps reduce algae re-growth. Supplied in 2kg bale - each Barley Straw Bale will treat a 6000 litre for 4 months.Learn More
Duckweed can be a big problem in ponds esp[ecialy as the water temperatures rises - use this natural liquid Duckweed Control to prevent the growth and spread of duckweed. Duckweed Control is chemical-free and is safe for all the fish, aquatic plants and wildlife in and around your pond. Extract of Barley Straw is supplied in a 500ml bottle for treating ponds up to 4500 litres (1000 gallons).Learn More
Septic Treat is the natural way to reduce septic tank odours and keep septic tanks working at thier best. Septic Treat is a totally natural product that not only reduces the smells from your septic tank, but also increases the performance. Septic Treat contains specially selected natural bacteria which break down complex fats, grease & organic matter. This totally harmless and easy to use powder is simply flushed down the toilet once a week. Septic Treat is available in 500g tubs, which is enough to treat the avaerage tank for 6 months. Currently unavailable due to huge demand with fresh stock arriving in January.
"The Septic Treat worked so well that the tanks became half empty instead of over-flowing. Now I would like some more please, also some stuff to stop the sinks from smelling so horrid in the summer." Susan by emailLearn More
Use Drain Mate to prevernt blockages / unblocks drains & reduces odours the natural way. Bacteria are natures invisible cleaners, so Drain Mate contains lots of naturally occurring bacteria, which break down fats, grease and organic matter preventing blockages and odours in drains and waste pipes. Easy to use Drain Mate is a powder, which is totally harmless to humans, pets and wildlife and if used regularly will provide free running drains and reduce odours. Simply dissolve 25g in luke warm water and pour it down the drains at least once a week. Drain Mate is supplied in a 500g tub.Learn More
Successful composting relies on the right bacteria /micro-organisms being present, so don't leave it to chance add add Compost Treat to your compost heap. Compost Treat contains a range of beneficial bacteria, which when added to your compost heap will help to produce rich organic compost. Once added to your heap, the bacteria in Compost Treat stimulate the breakdown of garden AND vegetable waste into compost and is complelely ORGANIC. A 500g tub of Compost Treat will treat a 1m3 compost heap for 6 months. Apply regularly throughout the year to keep your compost heap performing at its best.
Frogs and toads are an important part of your ponds eco-system, but sometimes food can be scarce for their tadpoles, so these Tadpole Foods are ideal for feeding them. These 2 seperate Tadpole Foods, have been formulated to give the tadpoles exactly what they need during the different stages of their life.
- Hatchling Tadpole Food - Tadpoles start off as vegetarians, so use Early Tadpole Food (a vegetable based food - contains things such as spinach, carrot, seaweeds, wheat etc PLUS low levels of insect meal), to meet the dietary needs up to the point where they develop back legs (4-6 weeks after free swimming begins). A pinch of food should be sprinkled on the surface of the pond once a day, but because they prefer to spend their time on the bottom of the pond when they are yound, this food is designed to sink quickly to the bottom. Once the back legs have formed, switch to the high protein Late Stage Tadpole Food. Supplied in 80g tubs.
- Late Stage Tadpole Food - This Late Stage Tadpole Food is more protein based as once tadpoles are 6 week sold, there diet changes to a carnivorous diet. There is often not sufficient protein rich food available in the pond, so many tadpoles will not develop into frogs. This Late Stage Tadpole Food is a high protein - contains Daphnia, Black Soldier Fly Larvae, Potato Protein, Spinach, Carrot, Seaweeds, Maize, Wheat, Alfalfa, Black Soldier Fly Larvae. Feed as required i.e. once or twice a day. Tadpoles feel more secure & suffer from less stress if they can eat from the bottom of a pond or river, so these sinking pellets allow for their natural behaviour. Supplied in 80g tubs.