Introduce Amblyseius Cucumeris predators regularly every 8 weeks where thrips are a recurring problem. In commercial greenhouses they combat this problem by introducing Amblyseius Cucumeris regularly through the season - you too can now have regular introductions of Amblyseius Cucumeris Sachets. Our Amblyseius Cucumeris Programme consist of regular introductions of 20 x Amblyseius Cucumeris Sachets sent at 8 weekly intervals. We offer a 3, 4 & 5 introductions. Start introducing Amblyseius Cucumeris AS SOON as you see thrip and the temp is 10°C.
- Choose between a 3, 4 or 5 introduction programme.
- This programme contains 20 x Amblyseius Cucumeris Sachets per delivery.
- The 1st 20 x Amblyseius Cucumeris Sachets will be sent during the week choosen on the order confimation page.
- We will continue to send 20 x Amblyseius Cucumeris Sachets every 8 weeks until the end of your programme.
- If any of the programme dates are inconvenient, simply email us (email@example.com) the alternative dates and we will alter the programme accordingly.
Thrips attack plants such as African violet and chrysanthemum - damaging growing points and causing mottling, distortion and blistering of leaves. On cucumbers the fruit becomes small and twisted. Thrips will lay up to 100 eggs on the young leaves or in flower buds of plants. Once the eggs hatch the nymphs as well as the adults feed by sucking sap. The life cycle varies and is affected by temperature, but thrips in glasshouses can breed throughout the year. Thrips can also survive out of doors all year round, but become more of a problem during hot summers attacking garden plants in sheltered situations, especially Viburnum tinus. Control Thrips underglass by applying the Amblyseius Cucumeris predator, which feeds on the larval and pupal stages of thrip. Amblyseius Cucumeris needs a daytime temperature of 10°C and are a living, perishable product, so please order when the temperature are suitable. If thrips are a constant / recurring problem, introduce as a preventative measure at intervals throughout the growing season i.e. every 8-12 weeks.Thrip attacks plants under-glass, but can affect plants outdoors as well. Amblyseius Cucumeris is available in sachets or in a shaker tube :-
- Sachets with Hooks - Each sachet containing a breeding colony of mites that will emerge onto the plant, to attack the larvae and pupae of thrip. The breeding colony is contained within a small paper sachet, which is carefully designed to maintain the colony in good condition. Mites continue to emerge from sachets over several weeks and in much higher numbers than with a single broadcast release. Sachets are perfect for positioning mites on individual plants, for introducing predators early in the season when food is scarce or for use outdoors. Use 1 sachet per 1 - 2 sqm or use one sachet per plant.
- Shafer Tube of 50,000 predators - Supplied in a "shaker" tube of 50,000 predators packed with Bran and Vermiculite, the contents are simply sprinkled over the affected crop. These tubes of predators are perfect for introducing high numbers of predators quickly i.e. perfect for use where the pest is already present / where there are a large number of individual plants (in pots) and it is easier to "sprinkle"the predators over the top. Apply at a rate of 50-250 predators per sqm i.e. a tube of 50,000 predators will treat up to 200 sqm.
How is it sent? - Amblyseius Cucumeris is a perishable, living product, so it is sent out fresh by Royal Mail 1st class post. Being a perishable, living product, it must be used used within 24 hours. Once opened, the contents do not keep, so it must be used in one day - do NOT store it - they are fine on the doormat while you are at work. We order it fresh each week so please allow up to 3-4 days for delivery.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
£13.49 As low as: £11.99View product
£29.99 As low as: £24.99View product
Regular Price: £21.99
Special Price £19.99As low as: £18.99
£8.99 As low as: £7.99View product