If the plants are heavily infested with mealy bug, spray with SB Invigorator 1st to kill as many of the mealy bug as possible and then introduce Cryptolaemus Larvae to complete the treatment. The Mealy Bug Emergency Pest Pack consists of 250ml of SB Invigorator Spray Concentrate (makes 25 litres of spray) followed by 30 x Cryptolaemus Larvae sent 7days after the SB Invigorator.
- The SB Invigorator will be sent 1st.
- Spray with SB Invigorator at least TWICE in 7 days - spray more often if needed i.e. every other day.
- 30 x Cryptolaemus Larvae will follow 7-10 days.
Control mealy bug in your greenhouse or conservatory by introducing cryptolaemus larvae AS SOON as you see mealy bug and the temp is 16C/61F. Place the Cryptolaemus larvae directly onto the infected plants near the mealy bugs - these larvae are easy to handle.
The Cryptolaemus Larvae (which look very similar to Mealy Bug) feed on the mealy bug before turning into the adult Cryptolaemus ladybirds, which in turn will breed leading to the next generation of Cryptolaemus Larvae. The female cryptolaemus then lays her eggs next to the Mealy bug eggs in the "white wool" egg pouches and the whole process is repeated. All stages of the Cryptolaemus eat Mealy Bugs and their eggs. Unlike the Mealy Bug the Cryptolaemus can fly and in very efficient in searching out the Mealy bugs. Cryptolaemus requires both heat and light, so introduce them when the temperature is 16°C/61°F and use artificial light if it is early in the season. If mealybug is present and the temperature is below 16°C, control the mealy bug with SB Invigorator until the temperatures are high enough. How many Cryptolaemus Larvae do you need :-
- For a small greenhouse where the mealy bug have just appeared - use 1 introduction of 10 Cryptolaemus Larvae.
- For larger greenhouses or where Mealy Bug numbers are higher - use 1 introduction of 30 Cryptolaemus Larvae.
- If the infestation is very heavy, spray with SB Invigorator 1st and then introduce Cryptolaemus - see our Emergency Pest Pack (SB Invigorator followed by Cryptolaemus Larvae).
N.B. Cryptolaemus Larvae are very sensetive to chemical sprays, so if you have recently used a chemical spray i.e. within the last 2-3 weeks, please contact us (email@example.com) to check how soon Cryptolaemus Larvae can be introduced?