If the plants are heavily infested with aphids, spray with SB Invigorator 1st to kill as many of the aphids as possible and then introduce Aphdius to complete the treatment. The Aphid Emergency Pest Pack consists of 250ml of SB Invigorator Spray Concentrate (makes 25 litres of spray) that is sent 1st followed by 1000 Aphdius sent 7days later.
- The SB Invigorator will be sent 1st.
- Spray with SB Invigorator at least TWICE in 7 days - spray more often if needed i.e. every other day.
- The 1000 Aphdius will follow 7-10 days.
Control aphids naturally by introducing Aphdius AS SOON as you see aphids (greenfly and / or blackfly) and the temp is 10C/50F. This naturally occurring aphid parasite is capable of attacking a wide range of aphid species. Ideal for use in conservatories / greenhouses / growrooms / hydroponic systems.
Aphidius is supplied in small tubes, which are opened in the greenhouse / conservatory and the small Aphidius will fly out and search out the aphids. Once the Aphidius finds an aphid, it lays an egg in the aphid. As the egg hatches the resulting larvae feeds on the inside of the aphid destroying it. Following pupation, the adult leaves the dead aphid and will then search out its own aphids to infect. As the aphidius population increases the aphids will be controlled. As well as directly controlling the aphids, the activities of aphidius "upset" the aphid colonies and as a result they produce a warning pheromone which alerts the whole population, which try to escape. Many fall to the ground and die helping the parasite control aphid numbers. Introduce Aphidius as soon as aphids are present and the average temperature is 10C/50F. How many Aphdius are needed :-
- Use one introduction of 500 x Aphidius for a small greenhouse / conservatory or where the aphids have just appeared and numbers are small.
- Use an economy pack of over 1000 x Aphdius for larger conservatories / greenhouses or where aphid numbers are higher.
- Heavy infestation on lots of plants? Spray with SB Invigorator 1st and then introduce 1000 x Aphidius - see our Aphid Emergency Pest Pack.
N.B. If you have recently used a chemical spray i.e. within the last 2-3 weeks, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check how soon Aphdius can be introduced?
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
£12.95 As low as: £11.50View product
£6.99 As low as: £5.99View product
£8.50 As low as: £5.00View product